Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier is the book selection for this month. I hope everyone likes it. I've never read the book before but I love the old Alfred Hitchcock movie. But hopefully it's good! :)
I made it part way through chapter 4 and that is all the farther I am willing to go. Bored out of my skull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the movie a while ago and i didn't like it, either!
I'm a little over half-way through Rebecca and so far I really like this book. The first few chapters were a little slow moving, but it gets better. It's kind of a psychological suspense novel and the writing style reminds me of Jane Austen a little. I can see why Hitchcock was interested in making it into a movie. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm going to as soon as I finish the book. The part I'm at now, which is right after the fancy dress ball, is really great. I am having a hard time putting it down at night!
I made it part way through chapter 4 and that is all the farther I am willing to go. Bored out of my skull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the movie a while ago and i didn't like it, either!
ReplyDeleteI'm a little over half-way through Rebecca and so far I really like this book. The first few chapters were a little slow moving, but it gets better. It's kind of a psychological suspense novel and the writing style reminds me of Jane Austen a little. I can see why Hitchcock was interested in making it into a movie. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm going to as soon as I finish the book. The part I'm at now, which is right after the fancy dress ball, is really great. I am having a hard time putting it down at night!
ReplyDelete