Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale



Tarakay has picked our book selection for October and it is The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale.  I've actually already read this book and love it!  I'll read it again to touch up on it for the discussion but if anyone wants to borrow my copy they are more than welcome.  Just let me know.  Thanks for the great pick Tarakay!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book. For me, it got off to a slow start. I'd recently read a few other novels where the setting was more contemporary, and I had a hard time adjusting to the writing. Once I got used to it, however, I really enjoyed how the book was set and written in time of the Grimm Brothers' fairytale of the same name. I also loved the it was loosely based on Bayern (Bavaria) in southern Germany where I lived one summer during college. Great read, and I can't wait to read more by this author.

    ReplyDelete